My little sister got this video in an e-mail from our aunt the other day.
“Make sure you read as well as listen.
This is a video that was submitted in a contest by a 20 year old.
The contest was Titled “u @ 50”, by the AARP
This video won second place. When they showed it , everyone in the
room was awe-struck and broke into spontaneous applause.
So simple and yet so brilliant. Take a minute and watch it.”
– Olio ❤
Photo, of MOI!, by my sister!
Fashion in a Box Outfit # 1
– Black and white polka dot tank top that I’ve had for years
– Black loose fit gypsy top by apostrophe; $30 at jcPenney
– Navy lei Skinny jeans; $18 at Wal-Mart
– Black patent rocker boots by Merona, $38 at Target
– Multi-colored silk scarf (as belt) a gift from my mommy so I dunno!
– Gun-metal infinity bracelets and black drop necklace $4.99ea at Vanity
Face & Hair:
– Ponytail with demure pomadour.
– Smokey eyes in shades of silver, glossy lips in cinnamon
Make-up details to come!
– Olio ❤
Image by housetohome
The new career choice I’ve taken on has me reduced to a tiny wardrobe (comparitively) that has to fit into two small suitcases. I’m on the road approximately three weeks out of the month, and sometimes more, before I can go back home and exchange items in my closet for items in my suitcase. Currently I’m out to prove the time tested theory that owning fewer/better wardrobe pieces is key. When I pack for the road, I mix and match to keep every outfit sharp and fresh. Stay tuned in and see what I have to offer up for the the outfits in my suitcase!
– Olio ❤
Image direct to you from Post Secret
I hope that all of you are following the site like I am. I find something new and inspiring there every day!
– Olio ❤
To all of my wonderful followers, friends, and fans: I sincerely appologize for my absence from this page and from my blogs. There is no excuse. The best I can give to you is that sometimes life outside of the virtual world gets the better of me. I promise to make a better effort to log in everyday and read all of your comments and give you new articles! Won’t happen again. Scouts honour!
As the social butterflies we all are, most of us are looking for new and exciting things to do with our friends – or – in the very least, new and interesting hobbies to take up on our own time.
In general I always have a camera with me, but rarely do I think to pull it out for anything less than a “Kodak Moment”. But! I do remember what I used to do for fun on the weekends with my friends growing up.
– My best friend’s mom had a Polaroid camera and would all gather up as much cash as we could and buy up tons of film for it then go and take crazy pictures of each other. I probably still have at least a shoe-box full in my closet at my parent’s house!
– Over the past summer, one of my friends and I did a lot of “traveling for the hell of it” around the state and everywhere we’d go we’d buy disposable cameras and take the most ridiculous pictures of each other, i.e. pulling a wagon that is clearly too heavy for one person to pull but posing such that the picture is convincing, yet ludicrous!
– Another friend of mine would cut lighting gels into different shapes and place them over the lens of her Polaroid camera. The effect was very interesting!
– Does anyone remember the Polaroids with the tiny film that would come out as stickers? In class when we were bored we’d take double exposure images. We used to come up with some pretty cool stuff that way.
So… think up some ideas of your own, or use these and see what you can come up with! Anything can become art, all you have to do is apply yourself! So get your friends together and see what you can come up with! In fact – I’d LOVE it if you’d post some of your creations! And remember, a picture’s worth a thousand words!
For more ideas check this out!